Under this account, if children’s lexical representations are stored as sub-units, they are then able to access more stable units with increased accuracy. Women are Unit dictionary definition advised not to consume more than 14 units of alcohol a week. Cellphone companies are still on the rise, but most of them are units of the traditional telcos.
- Also calledunit’s place.
- One of the individuals or groups that together constitute a whole; one of the parts or elements into which a whole may be divided or analyzed.
- To coalesce; to be cemented or consolidated; to combine; as, bodies unite by attraction or affinity.
- In such an event the variation in the weight of the individual unit shall however be within (+) or (-) 10% of the weight of the sections furnished in the drawing.
In all cases, a unit is a small, whole part of something bigger. In synthetic languages, a single word stem may inflect to have a number of different forms .
Formerly was used in this sense). Meaning “single thing regarded as a member of a group” is attested from 1640s. Extended sense of “a quantity adopted as a standard of measure” is from 1738.
- For example, the word “koalas” has semantic features (it denotes real-world objects, koalas), category features , number features , phonological features , etc.
- Last year the company cut domestic production to 3.1 million units.
- The term unit can be used when something is so particularly sweet that its actual title is not good enough.
- When no other term can be used to describe its need.
- To join; to connect in a near relation or alliance; as, to unite families by marriage; to unite nations by treaty.
- A quantity of educational instruction, usu.
- This determination generally is made at the time of receipt of the Standard Unit.
Shares in the pharmaceutical company shot up to 2575p after the sale of its chemicals unit. Tens go in the left-hand column and units in the right. Experts say that women should not drink more than 14 units of alcohol a week. In most countries, the family unit is still the cornerstone of society. Want to learn more?
Origin of unit
Sense of “group of wards in a hospital” is attested from 1893. Also calleddimension.any specified amount of a quantity, as of length, https://online-accounting.net/ volume, force, momentum, or time, by comparison with which any other quantity of the same kind is measured or estimated.